Norway’s most beautiful sportive – an unforgettable experience, open to all: "A unique cycling experience in beautiful surroundings."
On Saturday May 26, 2018, the Tour des Fjords Classic becomes the Hammer Stavanger Classic - a sportive for anyone who wants to challenge themselves on the bike in naturally beautiful surroundings.
The Hammer Stavanger Classic is a new kind of sportive, focusing on creating a fantastic cycling experience in great company. Participants can choose from three different routes - 50km, 100km and 130 km - all of which are classic routes for cyclists in the region. The routes vary in terrain and nature, all on unclosed roads.
Use the form below to register
For riders with a competitive streak, there are three timed segments, providing an opportunity to compare your time against the professionals on the same routes for Climb, Sprint and the Team Time Trial in Hammer Stavanger. The start/finish is at Stavanger Forum, and you will finish your ride in time to watch the Hammer Sprint stage on Saturday afternoon.
- Start at Stavanger Forum Expo
- Finish at Madlaveien, just like the professionals. Turn right at Tjensvollskrysset and in to Stavanger Forum at the finish
- Open start between 09:00 and 12:00. Groups of five riders will depart at 30 second intervals
- Three different routes: 50km, 100km and 130 km
- Register individually or as a team of up to five riders
- All riders will carry a chip for electronical registration at start and finish
- Hammer Challenge Trimritt is a sportive with no timed sections
- Hammer Challenge Turritt includes three timed segments, one from each of the Hammer routes:
- Climb Segment: Start at Høgevollsbakken (Krampå) to the top of Skaarlia
- Chase Segment: From the roundabout at Grannes to Sverd I Fjell
- Sprint Segment: From Morgedalsveien to Hammer finish right before Tjensvollkrysset
- Event finishes at 15:30
Hammer Classic FAQs
There's a lot to think about before you ride a sportive. See frequently asked questions here.